Two day Great Ocean Road & Grampians Private Tour
Price from $2250
This two-day private tour is filled with the best natural wonders Victoria can offer.
Melbourne Touring Company's small group tour combines spectacular coastal scenery with mountainous beauty. You’ll experience a gold rush town, explore a mountain village and see waterfalls, wildlife and mountain views in the Grampian ranges.
A short hike and local Aboriginal culture rounds out the first day. After an overnight stay in Warrnambool, you will explore the shipwreck coast with its natural archways, gorges and grottos.
The day's highlight is the Twelve Apostles, where you'll view the magnificent limestone sea stacks from the cliff top and the beach. Your guide will tell you stories of dramatic rescues and historic tales of shipwrecks.
A rainforest walk, quaint seaside villages and a coast-hugging drive along the Great Ocean Road completes your two-day tour. Your private tour can be completely customised to your interests and requirements. Or you can follow our successful, proven itinerary.
Tour Highlights and Itinerary
- Pick up from your preferred location in the Melbourne CBD
- Morning tea at old gold mining town of Beaufort
- Explore Halls Gap in heart of Grampians and purchase lunch
- Experience the magnificent MacKenzie Falls
- Enjoy spectacular panoramic mountain views from Reed Lookout
- See across the Grampians and the plains beyond from Boroka Lookout
- Take a short hike to Chataqua Peak
- Guaranteed wildlife spotting at Halls Gap Golf Course
- See wild kangaroos and emus
- Visit Brambuk Cultural Centre for local Aboriginal history
- Travel to Warrnambool for dinner and overnight accommodation
- Early morning visit to Logans Beach, Warrnambool, a fantastic surf beach (year-round) and possible whale-sightings (June to September)
- Allansford Cheese World - breakfast and cheese tasting
- Bay of Islands - see the other 34 Apostles!
- Bay of Martyr - opportunity for a beach walk with lush sands, glistening waters and sea stacks provide the perfect backdrop for a leisurely stroll
- The Grotto - essentially a massive sink hole, now an open cave with amazing rock formation, leaves you with a must take group photo
- London Bridge - originally a natural archway and tunnel, London Bridge collapsed in 1990 and became an isolated arch no longer connected to the mainland
- Loch Ard Gorge, the scene of a tragic shipwreck and a heroic rescue
- Twelve Apostles – spectacular limestone pillars rising from the sea
- Gibson’s Steps to see one of the Apostles from the beach
- A beautiful one-hour drive through the Great Otway National Park to Maits Rest, for a guided rainforest walk
- Lunch stop in the seaside town of Apollo Bay
- In the afternoon, head along the Surf Coast towards Kennett River, Wye River, Lorne, Anglesea and the stunning scenery of the Great Ocean Road that hugs the ocean all the way
- Arrive back in Melbourne from 7pm onwards
Optional Extra Highlights
- Helicopter flight over the Twelve Apostles (15 mins) at own expense
- Guided tour of Split Point lighthouse at Aireys Inlet
- Morning tea
- Bottled Water
- National Park entry fees
- Friendly and experienced guide
- Thirteen-seater bus (and trailer if required)
- Infant car seats and safety lockdown points if required
- Overnight accommodation
What To Bring
- Clothing and toiletries for two days.
- Appropriate gear for all weathers including a windproof rain-jacket, hat, sunscreen, swimwear, towel and snacks if desired.
NB: This tour is ideal for the time-poor traveller who wants to see as much as possible in a short time. It covers a lot of distance in two days, therefore, the tour is fast-paced and long days.
For a more leisurely experience, we would recommend one of the following tours:
PRIVATE TOUR PRICES
|1 - 4 People||A$2250|
|4 - 9 People||A$2560|
|10 - 11 People||A$2890|
*Pricing for 12 - 24 people on request
Luxury Vehicle Option
- Supply 7 Seater Mercedes Bus: extra A$500
- Supply 11 Seater Mercedes Bus: extra A$700