Great Ocean Road Two Day Private Tour
Price from $2699
Considered one of the best coastal drives in the world, the Great Ocean Road is a must-see for visitors to Victoria. This 244-kilometre-long stretch of road meanders through secret bays, imposing sandstone cliffs, lush rain forests and deserted beaches.
A two-day private, small group tour with Melbourne Touring Company is a leisurely way to see all this region has to offer. Let the others rush while your group explores awe-inspiring mountain panoramas at a relaxed pace. The tour hugs the coast where natural archways, gorges and grottos abound.
You can explore quaint seaside towns, take a short rainforest walk and spot Australian wildlife. The tour highlight is the Twelve Apostles, where you'll see the magnificent limestone sea stacks from the cliff top as well as the beach. On our tour, you can sit back and enjoy the scenery, with regular stops for photos and to spot wildlife.
Your experienced guide will tell you stories of dramatic rescues and tall tales of shipwrecks. Your private tour can be completely customised to your interests and requirements. Or you can follow our successful, proven itinerary.
Tour Highlights and Itinerary
- Pick up from your preferred location in the Melbourne CBD
- Morning tea at the country town of Colac
- Explore Tower Hill, an ancient volcano teeming with native wildlife
- Stop for lunch at the seaside town of Warrnambool
- Cheese tasting at Allansford Cheese World
- Early morning visit to Logans Beach for possible whale-sightings (winter stop only)
- Bay of Islands - see the other 34 Apostles!
- Bay of Martyr - opportunity for a beach walk with lush sands, glistening waters and sea stacks provide the perfect backdrop for a leisurely stroll.
- The Grotto - essentially a massive sink hole, now an open cave with amazing rock formation, leaves you with a must take group photo
- London Bridge - originally a natural archway and tunnel, London Bridge collapsed in 1990 and became an isolated arch no longer connected to the mainland
- Overnight accommodation at the small village of Port Campbell
- Loch Ard Gorge - the scene of a tragic shipwreck and a heroic rescue
- Twelve Apostles - spectacular limestone pillars rising from the sea, that leave you breathless
- Gibson Steps to see one of the Apostles from the beach
- A beautiful one-hour drive through the Great Otway National Park to Maits Rest, for a guided rainforest walk
- Lunch stop in the seaside town of Apollo Bay
- Enjoy the stunning Great Ocean Road as it hugs the coast
- Head along the Surf Coast towards Kennett River, Wye River, Lorne, Aireys Inlet and Anglesea
- Arrive back in Melbourne from 7pm onwards
Optional extra highlights
- Bush tucker guided walk and talk at Tower Hill at own expense
- Helicopter flight over the Twelve Apostles (15 mins) at own expense
- Guided tour of Split Point lighthouse at Aireys Inlet at own expense
- Morning tea
- Bottled Water
- National Park entry fees
- Friendly and experienced guide
- Thirteen-seater bus (and trailer if required)
- Infant car seats and safety lockdown points if required
- Overnight accommodation
What To Bring
Clothing and toiletries for two days.
Appropriate gear for all weathers including a windproof rain-jacket, hat, sunscreen, swimwear, towel and snacks if desired.
Private Tour Prices
|1 - 2 People||A$2699|
|3 - 4 People||A$2990|
|5 - 7 People||A$3299|
|8 - 10 People||A$3699|
|14 - 20 People||A$5399|
|21 - 45 People||TBA|
Luxury Vehicle Option
- Supply 7 Seater Mercedes Bus: extra A$500
- Supply 11 Seater Mercedes Bus: extra A$700