City Sights Private Tour - Melbourne
From $320 AUD
Come with us and explore Australia’s fastest growing city built on wealth from Victoria’s goldfields in the 1850s. Melbourne’s mix of culture and history offers visitors a vibrant and diverse experience with a creative, sophisticated energy making it one of the world’s most liveable cities.
We have a fleet of 9, 11 or 13-seater buses for your Private tour and the price is for the driver/guide and vehicle, not per person. The larger the group, the better the value.
Melbourne showcases a delightful blend of art, music, sport, food, gardens, and of course, is the coffee capital of Australia. The gold rush poured vast wealth into our city, giving rise to the name Marvellous Melbourne.
The beautifully preserved buildings of the gold rush era and Victorian age boom years, sit proudly alongside more contemporary designs like Federation Square.
Our small group private tours explore inner city neighbourhoods so you experience Melbourne’s history, architecture, gardens and places that only the locals know, and where the big coach tours can’t take you.
This world-renowned Olympic city draws huge crowds to stadiums with Grand Slam tennis at Melbourne Park, and F1 motor racing on the Albert Park Lake street circuit. The birthplace of Aussie Rules footy at Yarra Park and the MCG welcomes 100,000 passionate fans in a Coliseum-like atmosphere each September.
Test Cricket does the same in summer, whether it’s the Poms, India or the Kiwis coming out for the historic Boxing Day clash. And Flemington Racecourse becomes the epicentre of international thoroughbred racing with the Melbourne Cup on the first Tuesday in November.
Melbournians embrace their multicultural heritage with many ethnic ‘eat streets’ featuring, restaurants, cafes, bars, and character-filled pubs. You can discover the oldest Chinatown outside of Asia, a Greek Precinct, Little Italy, and historic Jewish bakeries on St Kilda’s Acland Street.
On our private tour, you’ll explore Melbourne’s history, culture and see landmarks and stunning views along the Yarra, as the river winds down to Port Phillip Bay with its many beaches. Enjoy the stunning city skyline from the Shrine of Remembrance, picture perfect cameos at the Brighton Bathing Boxes or views across the Bay from the historic Williamstown seaport.
Your Melbourne Insiders private tour, ranges from four to eight hours at $80.00 per hour and is tailored to suit your interests.
Highlights can include:
- Federation Square and Flinders St railway station
- Chinatown and the ‘Paris end’ of Collins St
- Melbourne Town Hall, State Parliament, the Windsor Hotel and Goldrush era buildings in Spring St
- St Pauls Cathedral and St Patricks Cathedral
- Royal Exhibition Buildings and Melbourne Museum
- Fitzroy Gardens and Cooks Cottage
- Inner city neighbourhoods in Fitzroy, Carlton and South Melbourne with unique shopping strips, historic pubs and cafes
- Treasury Building and the underground Gold Vaults
- The 1956 Olympic sports precinct, Australian Sports Museum, Melbourne Cricket Ground and Melbourne Park (Australian Open)
- Yarra River secrets including Victorian era boathouses, gardens, boulevards and picnic spots
- Royal Botanic Gardens and the Shrine of Remembrance
- Driving the Albert Park Lake F1 Grand Prix track
- St Kilda foreshore, Acland Street, Luna Park and the Palais Theatre
- Port Melbourne Beach, Station Pier and the Brighton Bathing Boxes
- Victoria Market or South Melbourne Market
Private Tour Prices
Max group size: 13 people
We work with your time and interests to plan your private tour which can start from 9am seven days a week.
Price includes pick up from the Melbourne airport, your accommodation, or any central city location.