Wilsons Promontory Private One Day Tour
Great Ocean Road private day tours from $1049
Please see below for day tour or sunset tour options.
Wilsons Promontory National Park, affectionately known as “The Prom” by locals, is one of Victoria’s wildest and most popular destinations. It’s situated just a few hours south-east of Melbourne CBD but seems like a million miles away from civilisation.
Wilsons Prom is the largest coastal wilderness area in the state and the southernmost point of mainland Australia.
The native forest which covers the park is punctuated by granite tors and the graphite peaks of Mt Bishop and Mt Oberon. Extensive white sand beaches and vivid turquoise water fringe the park.
This full day, 12-hour private tour features family friendly hikes, stunning views, wildlife encounters and the famous Squeaky Beach.
Experience a wilderness adventure with Melbourne Touring Company on a fully customised private tour in the comfort of an air-conditioned coach.
The tour takes approximately 12 hours door-to-door.
- We pick you up from your central city hotel or accommodation. Relax in our air-conditioned coach as we travel through lush dairy country and rolling hills towards our destination.
- A brief stop at the Coal Creek Community Park and Museum, a recreated coal mining village that depicts the history of Korumburra. This open air heritage village faithfully reconstructs rural life between the 1870s and 1920s. (Open Fri - Mon and public holidays)
- We arrive at Wilsons Promontory National Park and drive further into the bush covered hills. First up is a hike onto the Big Drift, a massive inland sand dune unconnected to any beach or coastline. The two kilometre walk across it’s desert-like landscape offers expansive views of the park.
- Time for lunch (at own cost).
- Our tour highlight is walking from the famous Squeaky Beach to Tidal River. The white sand of Squeaky Beach makes a noise when you walk on it, delighting children and adults alike. The fine, rounded grains of quartz sand compress under your feet, creating a high-pitched squeak. We walk past massive granite boulders as the track winds over the headland before descending to Tidal River.
- As daylight fades, we go native animal spotting. Wombats, kangaroos and emus are commonly sighted in the park.
- Finally we bid farewell to “The Prom” and head back to Melbourne and your central city accommodation.
Optional extra - Wilsons Promontory Cruise
This cruise experience is offered by Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, a leader in sustainable ecotourism in Australia. The cruise takes you through Victoria’s first marine national park and explores The Glennies, Anderson Islets and Anser Island. Get up close to the iconic granite monolith of Skull Rock. Sculpted by waves and surrounded by crystal blue waters, Skull Rock's eerie facade becomes even more mysterious as more and more skull shapes reveal themselves the closer you get.
What's included in your private Wilsons Promontory tour
- Experienced tour guide/driver
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's not included
- Lunch and other snacks (The tour is fully customisable, however, and refreshments can be included at extra cost)
- We pick up from all Melbourne CBD hotels and serviced apartments. If you have booked at AirBnb or staying at a private property, simply provide the address in your order.
- Returns to original departure point
- Not wheelchair accessible (If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Please call +61 422 257 446.)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- This is a private fully customisable tour. Only your group will participate
PRIVATE TOUR PRICES
|GROUP SIZE||PRICE (Monday-Friday)||PRICE (Saturday)||PRICE (Sunday)|
|1 - 7 People||A$1049||A$1199||A$1349|
|8 - 9 People||A$1099||A$1249||A$1499|
|10 - 11 People||A$1299||A$1449||A$1699|
|14 - 24 People||A$1999||A$2149||A$2199|
|25 - 43 People||A$3999||A$4250||A$4500|